Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Green Billiard

Today again on my way from the water fountain and the desk at second floor Mugar, my eyes got caught by a book about Vicient Van Gogh. It's a very unique and interesting book that introduces paintings of this great colorist with his words. Sentences and paragraphs about the painting were selected from his letters. Maybe it's not that of a mystery to art students, but it's definitely fascinating to know the stories behind the drawings.

Here is one: "the night cafe"

This is the interior of the cafe terrace night, which is more known by the commonwealth. The first time i saw this picture, again the spinning touch of the lemon yellow lamps gave me feeling of unease. The people dining in the cafe seemed drowsy. You can peek through the raised curtain of the door in the far end-where seemed to be source of most light in the cafe. Van Gogh said the night cafe is " a place where one can ruin oneself, go mad, or commit crime. " Some people say it's a version of hell.

All I can think of is that my honey wants to buy a billiard for his new apartment. Hope he will not turn his living room hell. Surly, it will be hell of a lot of fun. Today I had a big argument with him. I was so irrationally angry at him. Wave~wave~wave~lets go to the beach...


No comments:

Post a Comment