Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

A Weekend in New York City

Which places will on you must-go list if you gonna spend a weekend in New York City. I recently had a wonderful and productive weekend in New York. Hope it can inspire you a little bit.

Day One ( Arrived around 11am)
1. Romantic Tea place- full of petty bourgeoisie.

Podunk    East Village
We walked along the Broadway ave, had a small detour in the M&M store in Time Square, then headed to this tea room. Here is A good article about podunk.

 

     $15-20 per serving.
     Those things are so delicious. Maybe just because of the atmosphere making me feel so elegant. :P


When I travel, I don't usually spend inordinate amount of money on lodging. Friend told me about The Jane's hotel, which offers a good price relative to it's good location. It locates in the West Village, by the harbor. You can see Jersey city in the other side.
According to its website, the hotel is " Originally built as a hotel for sailors with cabin-like rooms".  No wonder it feels like living in a boat. My room has a bunk, so it can fit two people. Personally, I love about they use a drift bottle to contain water. 



 

$99 for a single room with the bunk. Warning: The room is incredibly tiny.

3. MET   If you are a student, you can only donate one dollar to get in the MET. However, please remember to donate more money (at least higher than the ticket price), when you got a job, or when you are rich. Always feel breathtaking by those lovely paintings.

4. Dinner- Snack
We hold a high expectation when we headed this place. Friend told us it has the most traditional and delicious greek food. Well, to me, it doesn't feel so special. The price is kind of too high compared to the quality. It's a tiny place, can only fit in 10 people. I admit the atmosphere is perfect, with those candle lights.  Maybe I just didn't order the right food. All in all, it's not a surprise.

We planed to go to the rodeo bar that night. However, we were so tired, so we just picked the traven in the corner of Jane street. It turned out to be a good choice too.
See what I did.



Day Two:
Haha, Guess what, we get up at 10:30am.

5.Washington Square, surrounded by NYU.


6. Central Park 
We headed uptown again, just for the central park. A park surround by high buildings. It's an escape from the hubbub of the city. People jog, read, talk and love there. 





7. MOMA 
I have to see the starry night, I have to see the waterlily, So I went to MOMA. I don't quite get the essence of morden arts. Some of them seems so easy and silly to me. However I do appreciate those masterpieces. When I got home that night, I had a science fiction dream about the end of world, which I suppose mostly induced by MOMA.


After spending one and a half hour in MOMA, we almost reach the time of leaving New York city. Walking along 6 ave and 5 ave, we passed by rockefeller center and arrived in the Bus termination.

What a wonderful adventure!

Well, I even got the chance shopping at a nice store called  Darling, which has a amazing taste of cloth. Oh...I think those stores should pay me for promoting them so hardly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment